The last while, we've been using whatever time we can find to finish up as much yard work as possible before winter hits. The patio is almost finished, but we're about 5-6 pieces short of flagstone. So we'll need to make another trip to pick that up. The pile you see in the middle there are rectangle pieces that'll complete the walkway from the deck to the eye sore of a garage (next summer's project?). We've started the stone steps up to the garage and will try to finish them this weekend too.
We layed the stone in the middle of the patio to form a rectangle and are having a wood burning fire box/pit made to sit on top of it. I found one online that I liked, but wasn't the dimensions I wanted, or a price I was willing to pay. Lucky for us, Cam's brother in law loves to weld and has agreed to make one! It'll look something similar to this when it's done.
It'll be fun next summer to have friends over for bon fires and smores!
Once the patio is finished we need to do some major clean up. It looks so red neck right now. Random furniture, tools, toys, and junk that has to go!
In the spring, we'll start the moss growing between the flagstone, fill in the retaining walls with plants, add some small trees/shrubs and hopefully tackle that garage!!
Here's the current state of our deck we built in the spring. We finished staining it and last weekend we got ourselves a hot tub! It's used, but in great condition and the price was right. We didn't think we'd get one for a while, but I'm kind of excited about it! Cam spent the last few days getting it wired up and ready for use!
We still need to add panels where those posts are and stain or paint them. Guessing that's another project for spring too!
And, around the front of the house, there's still work to do.
The front steps are going to be replaced and a new walkway put in. We wanted to do it this summer, but ran out of time. The front door could use some paint too!
We did manage to fix up our foundation though. This weekend, we'll try to finish around the front and side of the house so we can check that job of our list.
We used insulating, termite resistant foam boards that screw into the foundation and then applied strips of mesh that sticks to the foam. Then two coats of grey tinted foundation coating was trowelled on and lightly textured with a brush.
|(first coat of finish....)|
Have a great weekend!
PS. Thanks for all the feedback on my last post. Loved reading your comments....I'll let you know which light I pick as soon as I order one!